Grilled buds with sprouts
If you like to germinate at home, you need ideas to be able to use those sprouts, these grilled buds with sprouts are an excellent option, it is a warm salad very easy to prepare.
You only need a few lettuce buds, some canned or smoked, it can be cod, salmon or anchovies, for example, and a vinaigrette for dressing.
The vinaigrette is essential because it is what gives it its special flavor.
Grilled or braised buds are a delicacy, easier to digest than raw.
What have you never done grilled buds? I understand you, it took me a long time, but since I tried it I am a big fan, satisfaction is guaranteed, and they are more easily digested than raw.
The use of sprouts in salads is very convenient, the reason is that the sprouts of legumes should not be cooked too much to consume, the ideal is to take them as is, to benefit from all their properties.
Remember that the purpose of germinating is to obtain a food richer in enzymes and nutrients than the original seed and that with cooking, all these beneficial compounds are destroyed.
For this salad I have sautéed the sprouted mung beans very lightly, first I have poached the onion over low heat, when it was already transparent, I have added the sprouts and I have sautéed it, just 1 minute, a dash of soy sauce and that's it.
I have already told you other times, but it is worth remembering, sprouts have very interesting nutritional benefits:
- Increase the concentration of nutrients, more vitamins and minerals.
- During germination, antinutrients are removed from the seeds, I already told you in this post What are the antinutrients?
- Germinated seeds are digested much better, higher concentration of enzymes, essential for proper digestion.
- Greater bioavailability, our body will be better able to take advantage of the nutrients in the seeds.
If you want to start germinating at home, these two entries may interest you:
And if you want more ideas on how to use them, in these posts you have them:
Grilled buds with sprouted mung beans
Learn how to prepare a warm salad with grilled buds and sprouted mung beans, with a mustard, soy and orange vinaigrette.
- 200 g lettuce buds (2 buds)
- 125 g White onion (1 / 2 onion)
- 20 g butter
- 1/2 teaspoonful extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g sprouted mung beans
Mustard vinaigrette, soy sauce, orange juice and EVOO
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard (if you use dijon, 1/2 is enough)
- 2 tbsp Natural orange juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 25 g Cantabrian anchovies in olive oil (I put an anchovy per bud, but you can use whatever you want, or change this ingredient)
Elaboration step by step
Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing the ingredients in a bowl and beating with a fork or rods until it emulsifies well.
In a frying pan, poach the julienned onion with a few drops of olive oil.
When the onion is transparent, add the sprouted mung beans, you can also use sprouted lentils or the legume that you like the most.
Sauté for 1 minute and add a couple of tablespoons of the vinaigrette that you have made with the soy sauce, mustard, orange juice and egg.
Skip another minute and reserve.
In another skillet or on a griddle, grill the buds with a little butter, 2 minutes on each side.
Serve the buds on a tray, season if you think appropriate, (when carrying soy sauce it will not be bland), and add the onion stir fry and sprouts on top, season with the vinaigrette you have reserved and sprinkle with seeds, the roasted sesame seeds are ideal.
You enjoy the warm buds, it is a delicious and different salad.